Friday 18 September 2015

SWATCHES: MAC Faux and MAC Soar (Kylie Jenner Lip Combo)


Hi!

I had been looking for my perfect subtle lip colour for a while -I'm not a huge fan of nude lip colours, mostly because the really pale skin-tone coloured ones remind me of girls who cover their lips in foundation/concealer -nasty. But I didn't want anything too pinky either...

...Enter MAC Faux. I was in MAC a few weeks ago, not actually looking for lipstick -I was there to pick up the Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade (I'll be doing a review on it soon, watch this space). As I usually do when in makeup stores, I was browsing the lipstick section and swatching a few colours, when the sales assistant popped over and asked if I needed help. After explaining my extremely finicky shade request, she reached over and grabbed Faux, telling me it would look great on my skintone. She was right- I swatched it and fell in love. It became my go-to lip.

Then last week I purchased the lip pencil Soar after trying a friend's. Now Soar is beautiful on its own, but when it teams up with Faux, it is simply incredible. In fact, it's so good that Kylie Jenner apparently frequently uses it to create her glorious pout!

Now onto the shades/swatches~

Both Faux and Soar are a brown toned pink, however Soar is definitely a little darker/intense. Faux is one of those my-lips-but-better shades. As it's a pencil, Soar is obviously matte, but is pretty creamy and as such it's easy to apply well enough that it looks decent on its own. Faux is a Satin so it's not a true matte, but I believe it woudn't be too shiny to be a give away if you are inclined to overdraw your lips. I'm lucky enough to be pretty happy with the shape and size of my lips, so I haven't tested it.
I haven't included a lip swatch as I have very pigmented lips, but in my experience if you ask in store the assistants at MAC will be more than happy to sanitize the tester lip products for you to test on your own lips -but please ask first, so they can sanitise it, someone may have used it on their lips without the staff knowing and you really don't want to pick up a virus or something else nasty if you can avoid it!

From left-right: MAC Soar, MAC Faux, and 
together


As far as wear goes, they're fairly standard. Soar is a bit longer lasting as Faux is so creamy, but neither of them are going to come out unscathed if you eat anything like a sandwich or sushi. You can generally drink without damaging either too much. I find that if I wear them together, the wear time is greatly improved.

Overall, I think these shades are great on their own or together as an everyday look, Faux is particularly good for a very natural look. However they can be dressed up -add a smoky eye and you're ready to hit the town!

Let me know what your perfect lip combo is down below!
Until next time,
Caitlin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment